Tedd Weitzman serves as a Construct-X Principal Consultant. He provides clients with cutting edge expertise in the areas of information management and business process development with focus on Advanced Work Packaging, next-generation BIM enabled Lean Construction and Digital Transformation for operations and maintenance.
Tedd is widely recognized as a premiere thought leader in the areas of digital threads, lifecycle information management, cultural change management and driving business process improvements for return on investment.
- Served 18 years working for Southern Company’s Engineering & Construction Services (E&CS) organization, responsible for building & maintaining a fleet of Fossil & Hydro Power Plants.
- Founding Member & Project Manager for E&CS’s Performance Improvement Team directly responsible for value add business process innovation & technology deployments for large capital project executions & digitally enhanced operations and maintenance.
- Strategically created a comprehensive fleet wide strategy for the digital transformation of brown-field facilities, including business process development & tool stack development & deployment.
- Expertise developed from working with engineering organizations, capital project management & construction/startup teams in the field, facility operations & maintenance teams as well as with leading software vendors to satisfy overarching business requirements to improve efficiencies and cut costs while improving quality.
EDUCATION & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors in History from Oglethorpe University where he also studied literature and multiple languages.
- Current Chair of the Construction Industry Institute’s (CII) FIATECH Committee.
- Member of core team responsible for merging FIATECH operations with CII in 2018.
- His work & abstract won Southern Company a Celebration of Engineering and Technology (CETI) Award from FIATECH for Asset Lifecycle Information Management & two Bentley Systems’ Be Inspired Awards for Asset Lifecycle Information Management.
- Presented a Southern Company I-Innovate award in 2017 for continued work in Asset Lifecycle Information Management & work related to digital transformations of Brown-Field sites.
- Deep experience creating & deploying better business processes and information management strategies & systems in heavy industry
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders in the adoption of new processes & tools to support business objectives for large capital project executions / operations & maintenance of industrial facilities.