Chris Buck is the President of Melius Professional Consultants a Construct-X Time on Tools Partner. Chris brings over 30 years of experience in the Engineering and Construction industry, having led the development and implementation of many progressive project management and continuous improvement methodologies at major EPCs and as founder of Productivity Enhancement Resources, Inc.
In 2019, Chris joined Construct-X to help implement the structure and protocols necessary to effectively manage and continuously improve its performance for the benefit of its clients.
- Project Manager, Corporate Productivity Improvement Specialist, and Performance Engineering Manager at Fluor. Served as the organization’s first-ever continuous improvement professional assigned full-time to a field project; pioneered Fluor’s “Value Awareness” program, a process that both engaged project craft resources in improvement, ultimately resulting $100s of millions in client-validated savings
- Founder of Productivity Enhancement Resources, Inc., a global consulting firm focused on craft productivity improvement on major projects.
- Director of Organizational Performance & Marketing for Williams Group International, Inc., a privately-held global construction services firm.
EDUCATION & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
- Concentration in Production Management from East Carolina University (1988)
- Craft Utilization Efficiency (“Time on Tools”)
- Project Management
- Performance Measurement (including validation of AWP benefits)
- Adapting Continuous Improvement concepts to the Engineering & Construction Industry