Fernando Espana is the President of Construct-X. Fernando provides clients with Advanced Work Packaging solutions by leveraging lean thinking, integrated governance structures, value creation processes, and optimized production systems.
He has partnered with industry and technology leaders to develop and advance leading edge solutions that provide competitive advantage. Fernando takes a whole project life cycle delivery perspective on managing complex and dynamic projects with the goal of meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Fernando has extensive professional experience in the construction industry in both public to private sectors including heavy civil, process, marine, building, healthcare, transportation, and manufacturing programs.
- As president of CornerCube Inc., Fernando created technology partnerships with recognized innovators of enterprise technologies to support marketing, sales, consulting and implementation services based on advanced project delivery methodologies and objectives.
- Extensive experience in every facet of project delivery including design, engineering, pre-construction services, estimating, operations, business development, and executive management.
- Expert of lean project delivery, production system design, and supply chain integration including leveraging parametric modeling and simulation tools.
EDUCATION & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley.
- Masters of Science in Construction Engineering and Management, University of California, Berkeley.
- Licensed Professional Engineer, State of California.
- Approved Lean Construction Instructor, AGC America.
- 35 years in project engineering, management, operations, and executive leadership.
- In-depth expertise in leading construction industry processes and technologies.
- Expertise in facilitating, defining, designing, implementing, and coaching lean solutions.
- Expertise in leveraging virtual design, engineering, and construction strategies.