Robin Mikaelsson is a Principal of Construct-X, advising clients globally and working closely with them to further their Advanced Work Packaging and WorkFace Planning implementation and technology adoptions, specializing in developing fit-for-purpose effective AWP solutions to enable clients to be highly efficient and productive.
Robin is considered one of the founding fathers for AWP and WFP and has been instrumental in developing the best-practice AWP/WFP model.
- Seasoned professional with over 25 years in construction, project engineering, construction management, construction planning and scheduling
- As an Advanced Work Packaging consultant, Robin has advised in AWP and technology implementations on nearly 100 industrial projects ranging from $1.5 million to $63 billion in TIC.
- Robin has a long history of breaking new ground in industry research groups such as CII and COAA having served on several research teams; RT272 A+B, RT319, RT315, RT323, RT334 and RT346 as well as the emerging technology team for Virtual Reality in Construction and the COAA Advanced Work Packaging Committee. Presently, Robin is the advisor to three AWP research teams at CII as well as the chair for a new team at CII focused on incentivising AWP.
- Robin’s additional specialties include Construction Planning Automation, Construction Information Systems, Facility Engineering and Design, Advanced Wireless Technologies for Construction, Construction Project Management, Module Coordination and Industrial Fabrication.
EDUCATION & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Diplomas in process pipe engineering and design from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) (2000)
- Certificate in Advanced Plant Layout and Design from University of Houston, Society of Piping Engineers and Designers (2001)
- Certified in Project Management from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) (2004)
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute (PMI) (2005)
- Began in the construction industry at a very young age (16) as a welder/fitter for a plastics manufacturer (Western Forming & Development)
- Later trained in Process Pipe Engineering and served as an Engineering Design Lead, Module Coordinator, and Advanced Work Packaging Manger for several major EPC firms.
- NFPA 1001 – Fire Fighter. Robin also serves his community as the Deputy Fire Chief for Boyle Fire Rescue.
- Highly Skilled in AWP/WFP implementations from maintenance/shutdown to giga projects
- CII-approved AWP/WFP Trainer
- Deep expertise in construction planning and AWP automation