Ted Blackmon is the founder and CEO of Construct-X. He leads a high performance team that provides clients with the latest & sharpest expertise in the areas of Advanced Work Packaging and next-generation BIM enabled lean construction.
Ted is a recognized as the premiere thought leader in the area of Advanced Work Packaging, and has significant practical expertise in helping companies and projects align the necessary people, processes and technologies to drive a successful implementation of these next generation concepts in lean and agile construction.
- As founder and President of Common Point, invented the ConstructSim and OpSim platforms, recognized as pioneering applications in XD BIM, leading to Advanced Work Packaging being adopted as a recognized best practice in the construction industry.
- As Vice President of Construction Solutions for Bentley Systems, developed a comprehensive product roadmap for software applications targeted to construction users.
- Led business process transformations within owner-operator, EPC and module fabrication firms for adoption of AWP with Integrated Materials Management on industrial mega-projects.
- Expertise developed from working closely with project management and construction teams in the field, as well as leading software teams to satisfy the needs of these end users.
EDUCATION & OTHER EXPERIENCE
- Ted holds a PhD In Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State University. He was a recipient of the Alumni Achievement Award from Penn State in 2005.
- As a former NASA Mission control specialist, Ted was the lead developer and operator of the MarsMap software used to provide remote telepresence and plan activities for the first rover on another planet as part of the Mars Pathfinder mission.
- Recipient of the CETI Award from FIATECH in 2014 for over 10 years of Outstanding Research in the construction industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry processes in Advanced Work Packaging and XD BIM solutions.
- Proven ability to enroll owners and project teams in adoption of AWP on large complex construction projects.